Are you interested in making a difference in our community? We invite you to adopt a classroom at Luzerne County Head Start (LCHS). By adopting a classroom, your business or organization can help to prepare young children to succeed in kindergarten and beyond. LCHS classrooms are located throughout Luzerne and Wyoming Counties. Volunteers can choose their level of involvement based on their interests and availability. Adopt-A-Classroom sponsors can participate in classroom activities, make donations, help with field trips, or visit for breakfast or lunch. For more information, or to discuss your interests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Adopt-A-Classroom program is designed to promote community engagement and strengthen our community’s youth by working together. By adopting a classroom, your business or organization can help to prepare young children for kindergarten so they are ready to succeed in school and in life. Each classroom is unique, which means your participation is tailored to your organization’s desired level of involvement. Below, you will find a few examples of how you can get involved.
In the Classroom
- Read a story
- Join for breakfast or lunch
- Create arts & crafts
- Participate in classroom celebrations
- Sponsor classroom activities
- Sponsor family-engagement activities
Out of the Classroom
- Assist with planned study trips
- Make a monetary donation to the classroom
- Donate classroom supplies
- Participate in community events to benefit Head Start families: food drives, coat drives, etc.
- Donate books