- AAS Degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Development, Family Services, or Related Field;
- Three (3) years experience in Infant/Toddler Child Care
- Experience in instructing adults
- Bilingual Abilities (English/Spanish) PREFERRED
Early Head Start is a HOME VISITING OPTION of Luzerne County Head Start program.
Offering weekly individualized home visits up to 8 pregnant or parenting families, collaborating with parents to oversee all aspects of an infant’s or toddler’s development and readiness for preschool.
Under general supervision, the EHS FAMILY EDUCATOR is responsible for planning, and implementation of individualized community based programs. Serving as the family’s primary contact, developing an on-going relationship within the family and works to build upon the strengths and self-sufficiency of the family members. In addition, the educator provides weekly home based visits.
Terms of Employment
Requirements that must be satisfied prior to hire:
- Proof of Degree/Certification and Experience Required to meet the Qualifications for position
- FBI Clearance/Fingerprints, via PA DHS registration
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Successful completion of Pre-Employment Physical Examination which includes a Tuberculosis screening (arrangements made upon conditional offer of employment)
Requirements that must be satisfied upon hire:
- Valid Driver’s License with Acceptable Driver’s Motor Vehicle Record (review by LCHS Insurance Carrier and Insurance Guidelines)
Location & Hours:
- (1) WILKES-BARRE – 31 Beekman Street, Wilkes-Barre
- (2) HAZLETON – 10 W. Chestnut Street, Hazleton: BILINGUAL ABILITIES REQUIRED – English/Spanish
Full Time, 37.5hrs/wk, Non-Exempt Status
*Bilingual Adjustment 5%, if applicable
…receive attractive salaries and unique career opportunities;
…do meaningful work that is constantly changing and evolving;
…enjoy successful careers without sacrificing their personal lives;
…enjoy limitless opportunities for professional growth;
…work in an environment of professional respect.
EHS Program Manager – Direct SupervisorApply Now