- High School Diploma or GED;
- Experience with young children preferred
- CDA Credential or AAS in Early Childhood Education/Child Development preferred
- HAVE FUN WITH CHILDREN!
- Implement educational activities for the children that promotes school readiness and developmentally appropriate practices.
- Assist in involving the parents in their child’s education.
- Responsible for being available on an “as needed” basis when a staff person is out of the classroom.
Terms of Employment
Requirements that must be satisfied prior to hire:
- Proof of Degree/Certification and Experience Required to meet the Qualifications for position
- FBI Clearance/Fingerprints, via PA DHS registration
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Successful completion of Pre-Employment Physical Examination which includes a Tuberculosis screening
Requirements that must be satisfied upon hire:
- Proof of US Citizenship or Eligibility to Work in US
- Employee Disclosure Statement
Professional I, Non-Exempt Status;
“As Needed” Basis during school year
Location & Hours:
LUZERNE COUNTY Sites:
Back Mountain -Dallas
Edwardsville – Meyers St
3 Hazleton Area Centers: Carson St, Vine West, Walnut Street
Nanticoke -St. Mary’s, Hanover St
New Street – Plymouth
Pittston Primary Center -Hughestown
Plains – 100 Second St
State Street – WVW State Street, Larksville
Wilkes-Barre – Beekman Street
PRE-K COUNTS Sites:
Wilkes-Barre – Dodson Elem/Dan Flood Elem/Heights
Kingston – Church of Christ Uniting
Pittston Primary Center – Hughestown
WYOMING COUNTY Sites:
Tunkhannock Center, Roslund Elementary
Mehoopany Center, Mehoopany Elementary
…receive attractive salaries and unique career opportunities;
…do meaningful work that is constantly changing and evolving;
…enjoy successful careers without sacrificing their personal lives;
…enjoy limitless opportunities for professional growth;
…work in an environment of professional respect.
WHY BE A CLASSROOM SUBSTITUTE?
** Work in a wonderful, nurturing and rich learning environment!
** Paid training for professional development
** Promotional opportunities
** HAVE FUN!
Center Manager – Direct Supervisor;
Responsible to the Teacher in the classroom