- BS/BA degree or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education
- PA Certification in PK-4 Instructional I REQUIRED
To plan and implement educational activities to includes managing the classroom and planning activities according to the curriculum that are developmentally appropriate.
Evaluate and record children’s progress and communicate with parents on a regular basis.
Provide and maintain an atmosphere in the classroom that promotes school readiness and developmentally appropriate practices.
Terms of Employment
Requirements that must be satisfied prior to hire:
- Proof of Degree/Certification and Experience Required to meet the Qualifications for position
- FBI Clearance/Fingerprints via PA DHS Registration
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Successful completion of Pre-Employment Physical Examination which includes a Tuberculosis screening
Location & Hours:
Positions available at local Head Start Centers in the Greater Wilkes-Barre and surrounding areas
Full Time, 40 hrs/wk
Salary/Hourly: 19.80 to $20.77 (higher salary with PK-4 Instr I Certification)
- Enrollment into agency Health Insurance plan after 90 days with Geisinger Solutions HMO, Guardian Dental and VSP Vision (optional); Health Reimbursement Account established to help offset costs toward deductible; Cash Out Option available
- LCHS 401(k) Retirement Plan with 7% agency contribution; Employee Roth option
- PAID Holidays immediately – Up to 25 days/year includes extended time between Christmas-New Year
- PAID Sick Time, max accrual 65 working daysPAID Personal Time, 1 day/yr
- PAID Personal time – up to 3 days/year (max 6)
- PAID Training Opportunities
- Flexible Benefits – Medical/ Dependent Care Spending, and much more!
…receive attractive salaries and unique career opportunities;
…do meaningful work that is constantly changing and evolving;
…enjoy successful careers without sacrificing their personal lives;
…enjoy limitless opportunities for professional growth;
…work in an environment of professional respect.
|Center Manager – Direct Supervisor|
Early Childhood Specialist – Training and Technical Support